Author by George Stella
- 4 Large egg whites,cold
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 12 drops EZ-Sweetz liquid sucralose ( 6 Servings )
- 1 cup almond flour, finly ground ( purchased or grind raw)
- 6 ounce cream cheese, softened to room temperture
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperture
- 16 drops EZ-Sweetz liquid sucralose ( 8 Servings )
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract ( may use vanilla )
preheat the oven to 325 o F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Add the egg whites to a mixing bowl and whisk until frothy. Add all the remaining ingredients except the almond flour, and whisk until a little more frothy and thick.
Fold in the almond flour until well combined. Place heaping tablespoons of the
meringue mixture in row on the prepares sheet pan, leavin a couple inches of space each cookie. The recipe should make about 24 cookies.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until just starting to brown and theyare firm to the touch. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
While the meringue cookies cool, make the filling by adding all the filling ingredients to a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer beat on highest speed until light and fluffy.
Note: Only frost right before serving. To serve, spread a thin layer of filling between 2 cooled baked cookies to make the French " meringue" macaroons. Serve immediately once frosted; otherwise, store unfrosted cookies in an airtight container on the counter and filling in the refigerator.
Helpful Tip:Try adding food coloring or unsweetened cocoa powder to the cookies and filling to create unique colorful cookies!